Zinc is an essential mineral that helps with regulation of certain enzymes in the body, It is an antioxidant and immune-boosting supplement.
Zinc is most commonly supplemented to reduce the frequency of illness and to support optimal levels of testosterone.
Zinc can help with a variety of conditions and ailments that cover overall wellbeing.
- Can aid in boosting testosterone (if the user of a zinc supplement is deficient in zinc already)
- Treat digestive issues (Irritable Bowel Syndrome / IBS)
- Help with the reduction of stress
- Aid Energy metabolism
Doses of Zinc are usually within 8-12 mg, 8 mg/day for women (12mg/day if pregnant) and 12 mg/day for men.
Calcium is most commonly known as the mineral that is needed to support strong teeth and bones
How Calcium could be of help or applicable to you:
- Calcium is used for premenstrual syndrome,
- Those suffering from hypertension
- rickets and other conditions involving weak bones.
- Calcium is also critical for the development and upkeep of healthy teeth.
- calcium is also used for people who suffer with indigestion.
Appropriate dosages of calcium range between 300-2000mg depending on purpose for supplementation or what has been advised by a health practitioner.
Works well with Vitamin D3 to help maintain healthy bones and teeth.
Magnesium is an essential dietary mineral, it tends to be a deficiency in developed countries as foods that contain high amounts of magnesium are hardly consumed.
Indications that show people may suffer from levels for low magnesium are;
- Increase blood pressure
- Reduced glucose tolerance
Supplementation of magnesium can yield benefits to those who are low in magnesium by benefiting ;
- Reducing blood pressure
- Improve insulin sensitivity
- Protect individuals from symptoms of ADHD and Depression.
The standard dose for magnesium is between 200-400 mg.